MSPSP REGISTRATION GUIDELINES – Fall 2011
*** Please print out and read prior to completing your teams registration ***
**All teams must be registered for the MSPSP Fall 2011 Event in GotSoccer prior to the registration date**
*Refer to MSPSP Fall 2011 Calendar for All Dates*
PLAYER REGISTRATION FORMS:
1. All players for the fall season must fill out a Player Registration Form which can be found on our website at www.mspsl.org. The form must be typed or printed legibly. All information on the form must be completed. That includes the player’s name, address, and date of birth, phone number, and signatures of the player, parent/guardian, coach, and signature of the affiliating league. The player is then officially committed to the team for the entire seasonal year once the coach and player sign the Player Registration Form. No copies or faxed copies of the form will be accepted, only originals.
2. The box must be checked indicating the player had paid their individual registration fees to the affiliating club/league and the box that the player has not signed with another MSYSA team.
3. The completed paperwork for each player must be submitted by the registration deadline or the player will not be registered, NO EXCEPTIONS.
*NOTE:* THE MSPSP is no longer requiring proof of birth, it is the responsibility of the affiliating league to verify birthdates.
TEAM ROSTER: (see Got Soccer Registration Guidelines to print rosters)
1. A minimum of 51 % of the rostered players registered to their team must be of the team’s age group, see chart for dates. No player can play up more than two age divisions except under the Open Division. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. All teams must have a minimum of fifteen (15) players and a maximum of eighteen (18) players for ages U13-U15, and a maximum of 22 players for ages U16-U19. If the minimum number is not met at the time of registration, the roster will not be accepted. Registration fees include eighteen (18) players and additional players must be paid for at registration at a cost of $20.00.
3. The Player Registration Forms must be placed in the same order as listed on the Team Roster. The information on the Team Roster must be the same as the information included on the Player Registration Form.
4. Each team can have a maximum of three team officials, one coach, one asst. coach, one manager. Additional team official’s fees are $20.00 and must be paid for at registration.
TEAM REGISTRATION INFO SHEET/APPLICATION TO PETITON:
- The “Team Information Sheet” is available on the MSPSP website.
- Fill out the appropriate sheet for your age group, either U13 or U14-U19. All information on the sheet, including signature, must be completed.
- The Application to Petition for U14-U19 is located on the reverse side of the Team Registration Information Sheet. For teams to be considered for placement into a specific division (U14 and above only) this document must be filled out in its entirety but it is not required for all teams.
- For U13 teams, you may designate your preference of statewide or local (regional) travel.
Please note: Filling out the petition is a request, not a guarantee, that your request will be fulfilled.
1. All head coaches in the Premier Program shall be required to have a minimum “D” State-coaching license or a NSCAA Advanced National Diploma.
2. All new head coaches in the Michigan State Premier Soccer Program must include a copy of their license at the time of registration. If you are currently taking a course or pending approval from a course, you cannot be listed until you have a copy of your license.
3. The licensed head coach must be on the team’s sidelines. Any team caught using another coach’s
license will be subject to disciplinary action and possible forfeiture of games played.
1. Girls’ age groups for the Fall Season are U13 through U18.
2. Boys’ age groups for the Fall Season are U13 and U14.
3. The MSPSP Board of Directors at its sole discretion may elect to form a U-19 Open Division. This division is open to all U-15 and above teams applying for entry. Teams applying for entry in this division are allowed to roster players attending high school full time up to and including the U19 age group. No other entry qualifications shall apply to this division except those referring to affiliation.
Please DO NOT turn in pictures at registration. The MSPSP will not be responsible for pictures turned in at the time of registration. Teams will affix pictures at their convenience prior to the start of the season once they receive their passcards. Pictures are required for passcards for all players, coaches, assistant coaches, and managers listed on your roster.
REQUEST FOR EARLY PASSCARDS AND ROSTERS:
If your team requires early passcards and /or rosters for pre-season tournaments, please complete the request for early passcards (available on the MSPSP website.) Submit the form and a check for $50.00 made payable to the MSPSP with your registration. If you have applied or are awaiting acceptance into a tournament or need a stamped roster prior to the season, fill out this form.
ALL REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT REGISTRATION, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
FALL SEASON PAYMENT: $550.00 per new team. The affiliating league must provide to the MSPSP the names of the teams and coaches it sponsors prior to registration.
To ensure that all information turned in is complete and accurate when registering your team, the following items will be required:
1. Team roster. Print out 1 (one) hard copy with goalkeeper identified.
2. Completed Team Registration Information Sheet.
3. Completed Player Registration Forms signed and dated by affiliating league.
4. Copy of coach license – New Coaches Only.
5. Early Passcard Request – if needed
If you need to amend your roster for any player or team official added to the roster after the Registration Meeting initial registration date, you will need to follow the procedure to amend your roster which is available online at www.mspsl.org.
1. Updated roster, 1 hard copy of the roster
2. Completed player registration form, including affiliating league signature, and the late player/team official fee, (check Fall calendar for amount.).
3. If you are adding or changing a coach, the affiliating league must send in revised affiliation forms to approve the change and/or addition. Please include a copy of the appropriate coach license and fee per calendar.
IF ANY OF THE INFORMATION IS INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Check over carefully! Each team’s paperwork must be submitted in the original registration packet envelope provided by the MSPSP, with the appropriate information filled out on the front of the envelope, one team per envelope.
The Michigan State Premier Soccer Program Board of Directors